Welcome to CHEC
We are a local environmental non-profit established in 1987, with an engaged board of directors and volunteers. We promote environmental conservation, protection and the preservation of our natural areas for today and future generations. Our focus is in the greater Charlotte Harbor and Lemon Bay region. We share these responsibilities with our volunteers, the community and visitors.
A rare matching opportunity
Triple your tax deductible donation to CHEC.
In addition help us cultivate the highest totals of all donations obtain additional prizes that will help us be the best. Be the one#
The Giving Challenge is a fun 24 hour fund raising event. It starts at noon on September 20 (Tuesday)and runs until noon September 21.
How you can participate:
- *Donate to the Giving Challenge on September 20-21 from Noon – Noon.
- Go to the Giving Challenge home page and search for The Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center.
- Enter your gift of $25 or more and receive an immediate e-mail receipt.
- The Patterson Foundation will provide: A 2:1 match for each ALL online donor’s contributions – up to $100 per donor, per organization.
- Encourage others to donate.
- If everyone who donated got one or more people to donate, imagine the possibilities! Remember every donor is matched 2:1 up to $100!
- Share our campaign materials with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.
*Checks and cash are not eligible for fund-matching. We greatly appreciate all donations, but your contribution will give the biggest impact if it's made with a credit card or Visa/MC gift cards during the Giving Challenge. If cannot make an online donations during this time frame. You can mail us a prepaid Visa/MC card beforehand or call (941) 575-5435 us with your credit card information and will make the donations on your behalf.
Harvest for the Harbor is fast approaching.
Plans are in the works, check back for additional details as they become available.
Protection Water Resources, Habitats and Wildlife
Our focus is to provide hands-on programming-on water and land. Our programs are designed for children and adults at all levels of knowledge. We offer wading sea-grass adventures, pontoon boat journeys, guided hikes and more. We seek to strengthen stewardship through environmental education and recreation activities.